Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Alton Brown's Baked Mac and Cheese

Tonight's dinner on a snowy Denver day watching "The Polar Express"....homemade Mac and cheese recipe  that I found on Food Network and a hit with the boys! 

My son Avery (11) would like to make a comment: Hi Avery here! I would like to say a fast fact about the Polar Express. The actor 🎭 for the main character is the actor Peeta from the Hunger Games! 

My son Aris (12) would like to make a comment: I would like to say one thing...well maybe two. I LOVED the Mac and Cheese. Best homemade Mac and Cheese ever. The nice cheese sauce baked into the Mac and Cheese right underneath the crunch of the Breadcrumbs and butter mix, and the nice addition of onions hidden in the Mac was a nice surprise. That's the first thing. My second fact (out of three I lied 😆) is that Tom Hanks, an amazing actor, plays three actors in the movie: The Train Conductor, The Ghost That "Lives" on the Train, and Santa! Finally, this Mac and   Cheese goes great with any Christmas movie, such as The Polar Express, one of my favorites, A Christmas Story, and any old Christmas cartoon like Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!

Here's the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment